FIRE EXTINGUISHING AMPOULE
FIRE EXTINGUISHING AMPOULE150,00 € 125,00 € WITHOUT VAT
FAUCON automatic fire extinguishing ampoule is designed for fire elimination at the start with highest effectiveness in small indoor areas with increased potential for a fire. It is installed into ignition zone, which cannot be constantly monitored by human force.
Weight: 1200 g
Volume: 600 ml
Length: 300 mm
Diameter: 60 mm
Extinguishing zone: 8 m3
Thermal range of usage: from - 20 °C do 60 °C
Activation temperature: 85°C ± 5°C, temperature of the area > 150 °C
Activaction time: depends on the type of the fire, approx. 2 minutes
Color: transparent liquid
Odor: mild ammonium odor
pH: 8,5 – 9,1
Density: 1,1000 – 1,1500 g/ml
Water solubility: completely soluble
Freezing point: -14,5 °C
Boiling point: 103 °C
Flash point: non
Explosion point: non
Ignition temperature: non
Decomposition temperature: over 300 °C
Decomposition substances: N2, CO2, H2O
Classification of extinguishing liquid (MPA DRESDEN):
Harmonized norm EN 3 – 7 : 2007 + A1:2007: 27A, 144B, 75F (for BFE 6)
Freezing point: -14,5 °C
Automatic fire extinguishing:
1) Fire extinguishing ampoule, with its highest effectiveness in small indoor areas, is placed above the area with increased potential for fire.
2) Fire arises as a consequence of ignition source presence and consequently fire will ignite. Fire initiates temperature increase of extinguishing liquid, which causes the liquid to expand and increases the pressure in ampoule.
3) When temperature of extinguishing substance reaches 85 C +-5 C, glass ampoule breaks into pieces and allows the liquid drops to cover fire zone, where endothermic process begins, which causes extinguishing the fire and simultaneously cool down the affected area.
4) As a side product of this endothermic reaction, small quantities of nitrogen and carbon dioxide are released with purpose to prevent the entrance of oxygen to the burning area.
5) In the area affected by extinguishing liquid a protective layer is created, which prevents re-ignition of the fire. Ampoule is suitable for extinguishing fires of classes A, B, C and F, such as fires of solid substances, flammable liquids, consequences of gas fires and oil and grease fires.
Usage of extinguishing ampoule by throwing it against the wall above the fire, or directly into the source of a fire:
In case of a fire in an area, where FAUCON ampoule is not installed, ampoule may be used as extinguishing grenade. Ampule must be pushed out from ampule holder (eject all metal covers, in order to hold only glass ampule) and throw it against the wall above the fire, against the ceiling above the fire or directly into the source of a fire. Extinguishing substance must hit the fire zone.
Glass fragments do not disperse to a greater distance after endothermic reaction than the original height of the placed ampoule. Sprayed extinguishing substances and gases released during thermal reaction are not toxic and not dangerous for humans and the environment.
Lifespan of extinguishing liquid:
Extinguishing liquid in ampoule is hermetically sealed. In case, ampoule has not been open, lifespan of extinguishing liquid is 10 years, while extinguishing efficiency and functionality is guaranteed whole time.
Fire extinguishing ampule installation:
Ampule holder contains four screw holes for fixing. At least two screw holes must be used for fixing depending on ampoule holder placement. Holder notches, into which ampoule is inserted, must be turned upwards. Extinguishing ampule must be installed in zone with increased potential of a fire, always in horizontal position (not vertically or oblique). FAUCON ampoule is attached against the wall or ceiling, above the zone with increased potential of a fire with screws depending on material towards, which ampule is installed. Screws secure the holder and subsequently the ampoule is placed on it.
Examples of using FAUCON fire extinguishing ampoule:
Households: kitchen above the hob, boiler rooms, zones with ignition sources
Industry: military industry, shipping industry, automotive industry, chemical and oil industry, machinery industry, timber industry, electrical engineering industry
More detailed information can be found in technical data sheet.